Director, Advanced Networking Center of Excellence
Are you a technical leader with expertise in Network Infrastructure? Would you love the opportunity to design Vology’s Networking technology roadmap, strategy, standards and processes? Would you love the opportunity to lead our advanced technical teams through complex escalations and customer projects in diverse industries and customer environments? Our Director, AN-COE position will allow you to put your talents to work and grow in your career right here – right NOW!
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
The Vology campus is a state of the art facility jam packed with cutting edge technology ensuring a Fun - FAST - Exciting place to work! Our culture is innovative and agile overflowing with opportunities to grow in your career. We don’t just think present when we hire someone, we think future! Promoting health and wellness is a standard here. Our monthly/quarterly events and our onsite fitness center are all part of the package. These are just a few FUN offerings we rave about. ~Live Well, Work Well”
• 4% Match on 401K and 100% vested immediately
• 100% company paid for Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
• Competitive benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Certification reimbursements and bonuses
• Beautiful scenic views from every office
• Onsite Gym
• Wellness programs, Ping Pong Tournaments, First Friday and more!
WHAT YOU HAVE TO OFFER US
The Director for our Advanced Networking Center of Excellence (AN-COE) will be a seasoned, strategic leader responsible for leading 30+ of Vology’s most highly skilled Network Engineers. The Director, AN-COE will have an ability to manage for optimal performance, while applying consistent and sound financial and business practices. The Director, AN-COE will not only have the relevant technical skills and pertinent industry experience, but also the positive attitude and interpersonal skills needed to interact with our teams, customers, vendors, and partners.
The Director, AN-COE serves as a key member of Vology’s leadership team. This position will have overall responsibility for designing and implementing Vology’s Networking technology roadmap, strategy, standards and processes. Additionally, this individual will own the overall performance of the AN-COE team, including the financial performance of the COE through Profit & Loss ownership, and overall responsibility for achievement of team objectives based on the business strategy.
The Director, AN-COE will build the organization in an effective way, including defining roles, owning the hiring plan, establishing key performance indicators for all roles, managing performance and utilization, and continuously evaluating the training plan needed to ensure the team has the technical capabilities to support our customers. This individual will focus on developing best in class operations and continuous service improvement. The role will include refining existing processes and bring innovative ideas based on strategic business objectives to ensure Vology is providing excellent service to its customers, resolving all technical issues and completing technical projects in the most efficient and effective manner.
The Director, AN-COE will lead and oversee our advanced technical teams that provide support on complex customer networks in a 24x7 Managed Services environment, including network design and network configuration. The individual will build a strong partnership with the Tier 1 Managed Services operations leadership team to identify tickets, processes, and procedures that can be completed at Tier 1, as well as provide a framework for the AN-COE team to properly train, guide, and support the Tier 1 team related to these services, processes, and procedures. This will ensure the Tier 1 team has the necessary expertise to be equipped to resolve Networking related tickets at Tier 1 and allow the AN-COE team to remain focused on advanced customer networking issues and projects.
The Director, AN-COE will foster positive cross-functional relationships internally, including with Pre-Sales, Sales, Project Management, Customer Success, Vendor Management, and other technical teams to provide guidance and support related to our service offerings. This individual will be instrumental in further defining our Networking Services capabilities and offerings with our Pre-Sales team and will participate in Pre-Sales activities. The individual must work cross-functionally to ensure both proactive and reactive customer resolution, ongoing customer satisfaction, and customer retention. Additionally, the role must include building positive relationships with our customers, promptly handling escalations and identifying opportunities to expand services within the customer account.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Have exceptional leadership, coaching, and motivational skills with the ability to lead a large, multi-layered technical team.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in Network Infrastructure and Unified Communications, including network design, network configuration, network deployment, and advanced support for customers.
• Demonstrated experience in the IT Industry is required.
• Have previous Profit & Loss responsibility.
• Must have excellent communication with the ability to interact seamlessly and effectively present information to a diverse group of stakeholders, including sales, technical teams, Project Management, and customers.
• Must have a passion for inspiring a culture of positivity and growth; taking pride in the success of the organization.
• Willingness and drive to continue learning relevant technology as it evolves.
• Must possess strong analytical and business acumen to use relevant information to build and execute a strategy to accomplish short-term and long-term goals
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE
• ITILv3 Certification.
• Previous Managed Services industry experience.
• The following certifications or training: Project Management, Networking, or IT Services.
CHARACTERISTICS THAT CLICK
• Strong people, process and business focus
• Thought leader
• Drive and follow through
• Execution rigor
• Bias to Action
• Operating agility
• Customer focused
• Metrics and data driven