THE REASON YOU WAKE UP
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for providing advance support for Vology’s Managed Services customers as a technical subject matter expert, with a focus on full infrastructure. The Sr. Systems Engineer’s primary role is to provide consulting, planning, design, and implementation support for customer activities. The Sr. Systems Engineer will support Vology’s Service Desk team in resolving the most critical, complex customer incidents that have been escalated to the Systems Engineering team. The Sr. Systems Engineer must take ownership to resolve the most complex technical issues, across diverse customer environment by working with many different types of systems and troubleshooting and resolving customer issues in a timely manner. The Sr. Systems Engineer is a subject matter expert who will also provide in-depth technical direction and mentorship to the Service Desk team and Systems Engineering team in order to expand their knowledge and expertise on infrastructure technology and troubleshooting.
- Provide third level escalation to Managed Services for critical incident and problem management activities, include fault isolation, troubleshooting, and resolution support for critical customer systems issues.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert and as an escalation point on the most complex customer issues for the Service Desk team and Systems Engineering team.
- Ensure customers’ systems SLAs are monitored, managed, and problems are tracked within the ticketing system, with root causes of problems identified and resolved.
- Serve as a technical lead for the project management team for complex technical projects, including working cross-functionally with customers, vendors, partners, and internal project team members.
- Assess new or existing customer environments for suitability for support requirements, including identification of design issues or operational issues that require resolutions.
- Provide ongoing recommendations for continual service improvement for customer infrastructure and systems.
- Participate in customer change management engineering activities.
- Assist with technical requests from Solutions Architects and Pre-Sales Engineers as the technical expert for certain technologies and customer environments.
- Work cross-functionally to foster knowledge sharing for Vology’s technical teams, including conducting technical training and providing technical mentorship for Vology’s Service Desk team and Systems Engineering team.
- Produce and maintain documentation of customer environments.
- Work with vendors to design and support complex solutions.
- Serve as a key support contact for Vology’s Managed Serviced customers.
- Work directly with customers to develop, implement, and operate customized solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Formulate technical action plans for analyzing and resolving problems related to infrastructure incidents and problems.
- Track and record all work activities in Vology’s internal information databases, including ServiceNow, and update documentation as required.
- Provide on call support for Managed Services customers as required.
GETTING THROUGH THE DOOR
- Demonstrated experience working in a Systems Support role, including in an infrastructure oriented support role.
- Have advanced technical knowledge in the following areas: Storage, Citrix, VMWare, Security, and Firewalls.
- Have in depth, advanced technical knowledge including industry certifications. The following certifications are preferred: MCSE, VMWare, and Citrix.
- Have the ability to design, configure, implement, install, and support Infrastructure solutions for customers.
- Have extensive experience in performing remote troubleshooting of technology issues, including making recommendations and decisions on the best course of action and monitoring problem status.
- Have the ability to travel within 100 miles as required.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have experience using trouble ticketing and service management tickets required.
- Have experience in managing demanding customers when dealing with difficult technical problems or issues, including staying calm and confident in stressful situations.
- Have the ability to follow standardized processes, as well as to develop business processes.
- Have the flexibility to work extended hours for projects and changes as needed.