THE REASON YOU WAKE UP
The Director, Managed Services is a technical leader, responsible for overseeing Level 1 and Level 2 technical support in a 24x7 Maanaged Services environment that provides technical support for complex business environments. The Director, Managed Services role is a highly visible and critical position for Vology focused on successful service operations.The Director’s team retains accountability for request fulfillment, change management, incident management, problem management, crisis management, capacity management and continual service improvement for client environments. The Director will also oversee day to day relationships with partners and vendors who provide services for Vology.
The Director must be aggressive and have excellent command and control/crisis management experience. This skill will be utilized in managing critical incident and problem management activities. The Director must be able to quickly identify areas needed for improvement in the operations and act decisively and quickly to improve operations. The Director will also work cross-functionally to ensure proper support escalation mechanisms are in place and working efficiently both internal to the company and externally with partners and customers. This will be accomplished through relationship building, proactive identification of service improvements and consistent communication of the company’s value to the customers.
The Director must ensure the team is structured, staffed, trained, and prepared to ensure high availability and performance for all customer networks and systems, ensuring customer satisfaction, customer retetetion, and salability for customer service expansion. The Director must be an excellent communicator and problem solver, focused on developing technical employees and managers, fostering a teamwork mentality, and a cuture focused on customer service.
- Key leadership contract for managed services 24x7, owning operational reliability and availability
- Build and lead the team with strong business ethics and values
- Scale by leveraging demand management, KPI management and capacity management
- Create and refine processes to ensure team is prepared for growth and evolving support requirements
- Build solid relationships with the customer technical and management contacts
- Track progress of customer incidents and problems through the use of company service management platform
- Accountable for delivery of daily, weekly, and quarterly customer reports to view trends and problem issues.
- Provide daily and weekly operational status report to leadership team
- Lead discussions with customers around performance improvements
- Proactively provide service related updates to sales and contracts on scope and billing
- Work with customer success managers to solution customer needs
- Act as ongoing operational support escalation for customers
- Identify areas of service expansion
- Develop and implement processes focused on continual service improvement
- Participate in external audits to ensure company follows technology and process requirements
- Oversee other duties and projects as required
GETTING THROUGH THE DOOR
- At least 10 years of operations experience working with an MSP, ISP or technical service Large enterprise experience may be suitable in certain circumstances.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a NOC or IT Operations team
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to develop a leadership team of technical managers
- Understanding of industry standard network and systems management tools
- Deep understanding of ITIL operational framework and industry standards for operating complex HA and non-HA systems at very high levels of availability and performance in a production environment.
- Ability to build and track capital and operational expense budgets
- Up to 15% travel to customer locations
- Solid understanding of OSI Layer common network/IT architecture hierarchies
- Expert working knowledge of industry standards and practices related to wired and wireless network technologies including: MPLS, T-1, Broadband, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and 3/4G
- Experience using and building process ITSM processes with ServiceNow
- Solid skills with WAN/LAN routing and switching, wireless, and unified communications
- Expert conceptual knowledge in IT server technologies including: Server hardware, OS, standard industry applications and data bases
- Experience in developing and executing business strategy from a technical perspective
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction in their interactions with the customer
- Remain calm and confident in stressful situations as required
- Ability to work successfully in both small and large company environments
- Make decisions and escalate issues to executive leadership as required.
- Delegate and assign work with proper prioritization and follow up
- Resolve issues and problems, establishing practices and procedures as needed
- Think “quick on feet” and develop “outside of the box” solutions when needed
- Must be assertive and aggressive, but tactful and achieve results the right way.
- Must write technical and process documents well
- Technical Certifications in relation to telecommunications, network or IT services (Cisco, Microsoft, HP, Juniper, etc.)