THE REASON YOU WAKE UP
The position will be responsible for receiving and owning customer requests for IPT related technical support and service. Position will perform technical screening of customer service requests and will provide first and second level technical diagnostic support and dispatch of a field service technician and or parts. Where the customer problem requires deeper technical knowledge the position will be responsible for escalating the customer request to the Principle Network Engineer Tier 3 in a timely manner for troubleshooting and resolution.
- IPT Engineer Tier 2 will support of the Network Operations Center either through technical escalations from the NOC or in a back up capacity to the NOC. Further the IPT Engineer Tier 2 will provide in-depth technical direction and general support to Network Operations Center personnel.
- When supporting maintenance and on-site field activity, the IPT Engineer Tier 2 will perform request management functions by monitoring deployment of resources, monitoring progress, monitoring SLA’s, and performing proactive escalations when problems are identified.
- Utilizing Vology's incident management system(s), the IPT Engineer Tier 2 will ensure customer entitlements and/or SLA’s are monitored, managed, and problems are tracked within the ticketing system with root causes identified in the case of failure to comply with commitments.
- The IPT Engineer Tier 2 will support complex customer equipment integration and staging work in support of IPT projects under the direction of the Principle Engineering team. The IPT Engineer Tier 2 will develop and test software and hardware configurations in support of projects and will provide internal and customer technical configuration package documentation support as required.
- The position will also be required to provide certain administrative activities such as the review and Engineering of T&M tickets.
GETTING THROUGH THE DOOR
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in a networking or telephony oriented technical support role
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hardware and software support of Cisco AVVID and Unified Communications products
- Certification (CCVP or equivalent) on products or technology is required
- Extensive experience in performing remote troubleshooting of technology based voice, LAN and WAN networks required
- Demonstrated knowledge of data and / or voice transport technologies, topologies, standards and infrastructure is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (Word and Excel a must) required.
- Experience using ERP, trouble-ticketing and service management systems required
- Experience in managing demanding customers when dealing with difficult technical problems or issues
- CCVP or CCNA plus Cisco Specialist certifications with an IPT focus
- Other technology specializations, VoIP or wireless desired.