THE REASON YOU WAKE UP
The Tier 2 Network Operations Engineer serves as a member of the Vology Network Operations Team. The Engineer is primarily responsible for providing second level support to Vology’s Managed Services Customers as a technical subject matter expert. The Engineer also provides implementation support for professional services activities. The Engineer will support the Vology NOC, TSC and field service organizations, and will interact directly with Vology’s channel partners and customers on a daily basis. The Engineer position requires someone who is extremely customer focused, with strong communication skills, and has the ability to multi-task. The Engineer must enjoy taking ownership and resolving technical problems. The role requires an engineer skilled in basic data communications including routing and switching, wireless data communication and Cisco Unified Communications who will perform troubleshooting activities across many diverse customer network environments, working with many types of equipment. The Engineer must enjoy a fast paced, constantly changing, business where they are working with cutting edge technology solutions.
- Provide 2rd level escalation support to Vology Managed Services NOCs for critical incident and problem management activities. This includes fault isolation, trouble shooting and resolution support for critical customer service interruptions.
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned customer accounts and take ownership of complex customer issues.
- Drive issues to resolution and identify root cause of problems
- Participate in customer change management engineering activities
- Perform Provide on-call support for level 2 technical issues
- Provide ongoing recommendations for continual service improvement for customer networks and systems
- Create configurations and stage data communications equipment for new network build outs and network expansion activities with most appropriate IOS and patches
GETTING THROUGH THE DOOR
- Experience working in a multi-customer environment for an MSP, ISP, Carrier or other service provider
- Cisco CCNA or higher certification, CCNP/DP/VP desirable
- Working knowledge of Cisco routing and switching
- Working knowledge of wireless data communication
- Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications
- At Least 5 years experience of network troubleshooting
- Experience in ITIL service model
- Strong understanding of DNS/DHCP, experience with Infoblox appliance’s a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively with the different levels of internal and external customers and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage priorities based upon internal and external priorities.