THE REASON YOU WAKE UP
The Accounts Receivable Associate is responsible for improving Vology’s cash flow and credit risk by focusing on applying and/or collecting cash. This role must collaborate well with internal and external customers and provide excellent customer service at all times. This role will manage daily cash collection efforts through phone and email communication with Vology customers. Additionally, this role will handle the cash applications by compiling, sorting, posting, and preparing documents for cash applications to Accounts Receivable ledgers.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with Vology’s customers and internal departments.
- Analyze credit for new and existing customers.
- Review monthly aging report and contact specific accounts listed on the report for payment.
- Process and apply customer payments and ensure appropriate postings into general ledger.
- Research account and invoice discrepancies and prepare requests for credit and debit memos.
- Send invoices and monthly statements when requested by customer or sales representative.
- Recommend accounts for external collection agency and prepare account packages for outside agency.
GETTING THROUGH THE DOOR
- Demonstrated experience in business to business collections and/or cash applications.
- Be able to communicate and build relationships with customers.
- Be able to collaborate and build relationships with other Vology departments.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be courteous. Be professional.
- Know how to stay calm under pressure.
- Have a strong sense of urgency to handle multiple priorities.
- Be willing to dive right in to research problems using available resources.
- Be able to take ownership of an issue and resolve it through completion.
- Have a strong attention to detail to verify accuracy of information.
- Be well organized with excellent time management skills.
- Non Smoker
Vology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications will be considered without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or other factors not related to specific position qualifications.