THE REASON YOU WAKE UP
The engineer is primarily responsible for providing third level support to Vology's Managed Services Customer as a technical subject matter expert. The engineer also provides consulting, network planning, design and implementation support for network services activities. The engineer position requires someone who is extremely customer focused, with strong communication skills, and can multi-task. The PE must enjoy taking ownership and resolving complex technical problems. The PE must enjoy a fast paced, constantly changing, business where they are working with cutting edge technology solutions.
- Provide 3rd level escalation support to Vology Managed Services NOC for critical incident and problem management activities. This includes fault isolation, trouble shooting and resolution support for critical customer service interruptions.
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned customer account and take ownership of complex customer issues.
- Drive issues to resolution and identify root cause of problems
- Participate in customer change management engineering activities
- Provide on-call support for level 3 technical issues
- Serve as technical lead for project management team for complex technical projects. Work cross functionally with customers, vendors and internal project team members.
- Assess new or existing customer networks for suitability for support requirements, including identification of design issues or operational issues that require resolution
- Provide ongoing recommendations for continual service improvement for customer networks and systems
- Create configurations and stage data communications equipment for new network build outs and network expansion activities
- Assist with technical requests from solutions engineers to scope professional services projects as the technical expert for certain technologies and customer environments
- Produce and maintain design documentation for network implementations
- Work with equipment vendors to design and support complex data solutions as required
- Produce technical bulletins for customers and internal team members to ensure infrastructure is kept up to date with most appropriate IOS and patches.
GETTING THROUGH THE DOOR
- Obtained and has currently active CCIE R&S Certification.
- Knowledge and experience with large enterprise network system design, configuration and implementation of network solutions required
- Experience in Cisco ACI/SDN is a plus
- Knowledge in Cisco’s PPDIOO Methodology and industry standard SLDC processes.
- Expert knowledge and production deployment of IP-SEC based VPN solutions.
- Extensive Routing and Switching Background (CCNP level at a minimum)
- Expert in routing protocols; EIGRP, OSPF, and at least intermediate knowledge of BGP
- Strong skills in Cisco Unified Communications including VOIP and Video Conferencing
- End-to-end QOS knowledge across a Cisco LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Experience in the management and implementation of software upgrades for all elements of a Cisco implementation, including assessing all formal manufacturers’ software releases and the impact on customer networks prior to implementation
- Strong communicator with excellent oral and written skills.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco routing and switching
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN equipment (Controllers based and Autonomous APs)
- Experience in ITIL service model
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting cutting edge projects from Cisco such as ICE, PRIME and NEXUS
- Strong security skills with Cisco, and Checkpoint firewall infrastructure including rule configurations and IDS/IPS best practices
- Hands on experience and or certification with F5 load balancing product lines is required
- Ability to deal effectively with the different levels of internal and external customers and the ability to work under pressure