THE REASON YOU WAKE UP
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is responsible to serve as the customer advocate a managed services customer. The primary goals of the SDM are to drive continuous service improvements, foster proactive customer communication and improve customer satisfaction. This will be accomplished through relationship building, proactive identification of service improvements and consistent communication of Vital’s value to the customer. The SDM will also focus on customer retention and look for opportunities to expand services within the customer account. The SDM along with the network services leadership team is accountable to ensure that customer monthly and quarterly reports are delivered in a timely fashion and that service review meetings are conducted.
- Listen to customer needs and convey to the Vital leadership team
- Build solid relationships with the customer technical and management contacts
- Track progress of customer tickets and issues using Vital’s ticketing system
- View daily, weekly and monthly customer reports to view trends and problem issues.
- Approve monthly and quarterly service reports
- Schedule and lead service review meetings
- Lead presentation of reports to customers on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Make sure Vital team understands customer needs and interests; make sure customer understands Vital’s value to the customer business.
- Proactively provide service related updates to account manager and contracts on changes in scope and billing
- Communicate opportunities to gain additional revenue via service expansion to the Vital account manager.
- Work with account manager in the event of customer request is outside of scope of contracted services.
- Act as ongoing support escalation for customer
- Identify areas of service “up sell”
- Focus on customer retention and service renewals
GETTING THROUGH THE DOOR
- Demonstrated project, operations or sales support experience working with an MSP, ISP or technical service provider
- Demonstrated experience working within a NOC or IT environment
- Solid understanding of telecommunications environments
- Basic understanding of industry standard servers and applications
- Intermediate level understanding of IPT and Cisco based unified communications technology
- Basic understanding of wireless technologies
- Excellent customer service and relations skills are required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (Outlook, Word, MS Project, Visio and Excel a must) required.
- Experience using trouble-ticketing and service management systems
- Understanding of industry standard network and systems management tools
- Ability to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction in their interactions with the customer
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a stressful situation required
- Ability to be on call and support after hours’ escalations
- ITIL certification or understanding of ITIL best practices
- Project Management certification or training highly desirable
- Non Smoker